Thursday, February 27, 2020

Reality Means Being Visible; Being Seen And Being Heard




As a full-time mom, I value my reading addiction because it keeps me sane. I mainly read to escape, so it’s important that i feed on paperbacks. . Ever since I changed into a toddler bed and went cold turkey with the pacifier, she’s been fighting off naps. What’s worse, the more exhausted she is, the less likely she naps. It’s been affecting her health and general behavior. She hasn’t been regulating her emotions as well as she used to. . So me and the husband discussed about it. “What can she safely consume to induce sleep?” He raised. Chamomile tea was on top of my list. I grabbed one blended with lemongrass by @ahmadtea from the grocery shelf, and it saved my sanity. . She has been napping for the last 5 days consecutively, and mommy finally gets her reading time. . Reading protects my sanity. Why do you read? . . . . #booksandtea
A post shared by The Bookstore (@blankstacebookstore) on

from The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn, page 84

I think of my hard drive, swollen with stolen images. I think of Jane Russell as she looked at me, unblinking, across the park. I'm not invisible. I'm not dead. I'm alive, and on display, and ashamed.

I think of Dr. Bulov in Spellbound: "My dear girl, you cannot keep bumping your head against reality and saying it is not there."

No comments :

Post a Comment